2017 - 2018
Seminars are held in Rm. 101 of the STEPS building (the auditorium in "A" wing).
- EES Summer Photos and Stories, EES Faculty, Staff and Graduate Students
- Sujith Ravi, Temple University
- "Ecohydrologic interactions within "fairy circles" in the Namib Desert"
- (host:Dork Sahagian)
- Emily Estes, University of Delaware
- "Life in the slow lane: Organic carbon limitation in pelagic sediments."'
- (host: Jill McDermott)
- Broxton Bird, Indiana University-Purdue University, Indianapolis
- "High-resolution lake sediment records of midcontinental US hydroclimate variability: Implications for climate-society interactions"
- (host: Zicheng Yu)
- Erica Smithwick, Penn State University
- Title: TBD
- (host:Ben Felzer)
October 6th at 3:10pm
- Elke Weber, Princeton University
- "Giving the Future A Chance"
- Department Sponsors: Cognitive Science, Psychology, Earth & Environmental Sciences, and Environmental InitiativeI
- Tim Herbert, Brown University
- "The Earth's 11 Million Year Journey into the Ice Ages"
- (host: Dave Anastasio)
- David Scholl, USGS emeritus
- "Global Observational Evidence that Great (>=Mw8.0) Megathrust Earthquakes are Linked to the Subduction of Thick (>1.0 km) Sediment and Bathymetrically Smooth Seafloor"
- (host: Gray Bebout)
Thursday, November 16th and Friday November, 17th
- Ocean Worlds
- D. Foster Hewitt Lecture Series
- Roman Dibaise, Penn State University
- Title: TBD
- (host: Frank Pazzaglia)